You are not alone if your last bike fit appointment was several years ago.
however, if you haven’t been measured in a while, you may not be the type of rider you once knew yourself as, time off the bike, injuries, age, and fitness are all contributing factors that can affect your cycling performance.
A good bike fit is an important investment. It can not only increase your comfort on the bike but also make you stronger and faster. If your bike doesn’t fit properly, you are increasing your chance of long term injury, sacrificing your speed, and basically just not having as much fun as you could be having.
A bike fit depending on the level of fit required can sometimes take several hours to complete.
The aim for the fit is to get your bike fully adjusted to your body
(Not the other way around)
A bike fit isn’t just about your saddle height and cleat set up, there are so many benefits of getting a good quality fit, these include:
- Better Technique: A professional bike fit will also coach you and teach you the best riding techniques and help you learn how your bike and body interact together.
- Increased Comfort: Your individual comfort will be better because a bike fitter takes into account your muscles and joints and gets them into a comfortable position.
- Prevent Injuries: Your bike has to support you well like a good chair. A neutral position will minimize muscle and joint stress, preventing injuries.
- Body Irregularities: The body is an amazing piece of machinery but it’s not perfect, almost everybody that walks into the fit studio has some kind of irregularity anything from minor muscle imbalances, leg length discrepancies, all the way up to major issues to due corrective surgery, etc.
- Improved Performance: You will ride faster and have better endurance when your bike puts you in the correct position.
- Saddle Comfort: The right saddle will only be right when your fit is right, most saddle issues such as frontal pressure are generally caused by an incorrect fit, always best to try and find the source of the discomfort first.
- Core Strength: Your core strength will resist gravity and allow you to maintain the same position on a bike for hours, its essential we get you balanced on the bike correctly, even 5% weight distribution too far forward or back will increase strain on the lower back and shoulders, there is a science and a method to get this 100% and can sometimes take some time to fully dial in during the fit.
- Happy Feet: The number 1 contact point on the bike, with over 30,000 pedal revolutions on a 60k ride, each individual pedal circle has to be spot on perfect in order to get your hard earned power transferred to the bike.
- Enjoyment: No matter what type of rider you are, a bike fitting will be one of the best places to start increasing your cycling enjoyment.
To view our bike fit options or to book online click here